It’s that time again!
Please read carefully for important beginning of the year information.
Registration/Proof of Residency
Online Annual Registration for returning students will be completed via Family Access and is now available. You must complete the online registration process and provide proof of residency by August 16, 2017.
As part of this process, parents have the opportunity to request transportation, and complete their proof of residency (POR) online if they meet all the following criteria:
- They still reside at the same address as the one on file with the district (This address will be shown on the screen when you log in.)
- The family does not reside with another family.
- The student does not live with a person other than his/her legal guardian.
When completing POR online, parents will be required to electronically upload a copy of their water or electric bill. Click here for more information on POR.
Those who prefer to complete the POR in person can visit STEAM Middle School Monday-Friday, 8:00-3:00.
Click here to complete online registration for your student now.
Parents of incoming 7th graders:
Please submit your child’s updated vaccination records to Nurse Shields ASAP. If your child is not up to date on all vaccinations, they will be considered “non-compliant” and will be unable to start school until they have received them, and you have provided the required documentation verifying administration.
ALL 7th graders must have:
- Tdap booster within the last 5 years
- Meningococcal (MCV) on or after 11th birthday. If they received the vaccine at 10 years of age, this will satisfy requirement. Those who received this vaccine BEFORE age 10 must receive the vaccine again.
Parents of ALL students who are NEW to BISD (or who have been unenrolled from BISD for a year or more):
Please submit your child’s current and comprehensive vaccination records to Nurse Shields ASAP. If your child is not up to date on all vaccinations, they will be considered “non-compliant” and will be unable to start school until they have received them, and you have provided the required documentation verifying administration.
Please submit your records using one of the following methods:
You may email Nurse Shields any records at Brittney.Shields@bisdmail.net. You may submit them electronically here.
You may bring shot records to the STEAM office Monday-Thursday from 8:00-12:00. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at 817.245.1500.
Full STEAM Ahead!